Need meal inspiration? Take a look at these quick yet healthy teacher recipes to help spice-up our dinner options.
Teaching hours can take their toll on home cooking and recipe inspiration – especially as the nights draw in.
We’ve compiled a selection of home-grown teacher recipe favourites along with some great quick and easy online recipes.
Our teacher’s favourite recipes
Team SupplyWell and our wonderful teaching friends and supporters have shared their favourite recipes that always go down a treat.
Dylan’s Chilli con carne with nachos, rocket and sour cream
500g less than 5% Minced Beef
250g Minced lamb
350ml Chicken stock
Large jar of passata
Tsp Cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, hot chilli powder.
4 Green chillies
Red and green pepper
- Fry onion then fry mince until brown, add garlic paste, chilli paste, tomato puree, green chillies, Tsp cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, hot chilli powder, sliced mushrooms and red and green pepper.
- Transfer to a casserole dish, add Chicken Stock and Passata.
- Cook on a low heat 130 F degrees for 150 minutes.
- Serve topped with nachos, sour cream and a handful of rocket leaves.
Patrick Otterley O’Connor’s backpacker rice
My go to quick & easy meal affectionately known as American rice on South East Asian backpacker route
- Boil rice
- Fry onion, ginger & garlic (lemongrass if you have it)
- Fry veg of choice
- Fry chicken, prawn etc
- Mix all into the rice & add soy sauce
- Top with egg
@Supply101’s Chicken noodles
- Chicken noodles for me I go with rice noodles (which cook sat in a bowl of warm water). Fry up the chicken and then lots of veggies, mushrooms, peppers, edamame’s, baby corn, mangetout etc.
- Add in the noodles and then top with sauce of choice! Could be homemade or packet.
@BeverleyTaylo’s chicken fried rice
My chicken fried rice it’s so easy!
Cook rice add to fried onions and peppers add chicken if you like add an egg stir it loads add peas soya sauce.. plus I love adding pineapple and viola!
Online recipe inspiration
We’ve taken a look through the virtual recipe pages across the internet for some fresh inspiration – delicious recipes that take 30 mins or under.
Forget take-aways – these tasty yet healthy meals won’t take an age but will make you happy!
We know it can be tricky managing a work-life balance and preparing meals can sometimes be one of the first things to go when prioritising time. Check out our blog on finding an effective work-life balance here.
What teacher recipe would you like to see featured on this blog? Let us know!